Ensuring Viewings are Successful
Private viewings and open houses provide opportunities for buyers to view your property and get a sense of what it is like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer.
As your real estate agent, I ensure we maximize the potential of every viewing and open house. To accomplish that, I advise you on how best to prepare your property, I market it to qualified buyers, and then draw their attention to the great qualities of your house.
When it comes to scheduling, I coordinate with you to select days and times that are as convenient for you and your family as possible. I will certainly give you as much notice as possible.
Don’t worry about all the details. I take care of all aspects of scheduling viewings, as well as planning and hosting open houses. (If you don’t want any open houses, of course it’s fine!)
Although I do most of the work, there are a few things you can do to make viewings more successful:
- Make sure your house is neat and fairly clean.
- Remove some personal items such as if there are lots of family pictures, or “clutter.” This makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in the house, and less distracted with accessories vs. actually taking in the home itself.
- Find a place to go, such as a clubhouse, park or shopping mall. Buyers are more comfortable if they can view the property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets. If not, I am a pet lover and can meet clients there to make sure it goes as well as possible and both pets and potential buyers are comfortable!
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear and uncluttered.
- Don’t have scented candles burning or heavily-scented air fresheners around. It seems like more and more people are allergic or extremely sensitive to some of those fragrances, in which case I have found they won’t feel they can stay and properly walk through the home.
I realize viewings and open houses can be inconvenient. As your real estate agent, I will do my best to minimize the disruptions. I will focus on bringing in serious buyers, rather than those who are merely curious. This speeds up the process and increases the likelihood of a buyer seeing your property, becoming interested, and making an offer.
To sell your house quickly, and for the highest price possible, it is crucial that viewings and opening houses are done right. Want to learn more about my approach? Please submit the form below or call or email me today to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.