Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as conditions like downpayment, closing date, etc.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to be close to the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk paying more than necessary for the home or what it will resell for when that time comes.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that will get the seller’s attention and that’s agreeable to you.
- We’ll talk about what a customary downpayment would be, taking in consideration any concerns we may have, whether it’s a cash or mortgage-contingent offer, etc.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller’s real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with you and the seller’s agent, skillfully and persuasively negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through the inspection, removal of any conditions, and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.